Sunday 5 September 2010

Digital Design Tools


When generating idea's for new sample's and design work... I have been exploring how digital app's and online tools can support me throughout the design process.

I began this discovery by visiting Style.com and was drawn to  their Hue New  Trend Report forecasting a/w 2010.

I uploaded some images from Style.com to Image Spark... on online resource which allows you to archive inspirational imagery and generate moodboards. I then sourced some additional imagery from COLOURlovers another online resource for designers to create a custom palette to represent this trend. You can create your own custom colour, palette or pattern, search flickr for photography to influence your selection or  source a ready made palette within their online community.



Both application's are a valuable resource for designer's generating new design concepts. They allow ideas to be tried and tested very quickly without any fear of making mistakes.

I have enjoyed this experiment and the next step will be to generate some new sample's inspired by this palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment